From Wednesday 2nd September 2020, attendance at school is mandatory. That means the Government has said that you must send your child to school, unless they are self-isolating due to showing signs of Covid 19, have the virus, or someone in their family shows signs or has the illness. The school will immediately inform parents if a local lockdown has been ordered by the Government. Otherwise, you should send your child to school.
Mrs Miller is committed to working with parents to alleviate their concerns about the safety of school at this time. Please do not hesitate to ring or email her if you wish to discuss this.
At Smarden Primary School we expect good attendance and punctuality.
We Believe that:
. Good Attendance gives children every opportunity to influence their future quality of life and reach their full potential.
. Attendance is closely linked to achievement. The better your child's attendance, the better their grades are!
. Good attendance helps children in developing friendships.
. Punctuality is important. It is habit forming and shows commitment to the importance of working and learning.
A true partnership between home and school is vital to good attendance and we appreciate your support
1. Telephone the school on 01233 770316 before 9.00 am to report your child absence.
2. Notify the school well in advance of any medical or dental appointments.
3. Respond to school enquiries about unexplained absence.
4. Provide evidence, such as medicine provided by the Doctor.
5. Keep us well informed of any on-going medical conditions your child has that may affect their attendance.
6. Make sure you have alternative arrangements for a friend or relative to get your child to school in an emergency.
7. If you are not sure whether your child is well enough to attend school, bring them in anyway. They often perk up during the day, but we will contact you if they do not.
8. If your child has a well-known childhood illness, contact the school for advice on recovery time. We have all the up to date information.
9. Ensure your child is not late for school and arrives in time for registration, by 8.55am
10. Please contact Mrs Speight, on 01233 770316 for any queries or further support.